with (какой инструмент или материал был использован), by (кто выполнил действие)
1. Заполните пропуски предлогами with или by. (source)
- In his childhood Tom used to be beaten ____ a stick.
- My parents were married ____ a priest.
- Molly’s bedroom wall was covered ____ posters.
- The house was surrounded ___ flowerbeds.
- His shorts were covered ___ mud.
- Tom had been stabbed ___ a penknife.
- The deer was shot ___ a hunter ___ rifle.
- Soup is eaten ___ a spoon.
- The new swimming pool has been just opened ___ the mayor.
- During the robbery, the manager was hit ____ a baseball bat.
- Extra training was provided ____ the company.
- This story was written ___ Agatha Christie.
- The bear was shot ____ a gun.
- Trained dogs are used ____ the police.
- The hall was decorated _____ pink and purple balloons.
- University laboratories are equipped _____ up-to-date devices.
- Rare books, issued ____ British publishers, are being shown at the exhibition.
2. Преобразуйте предложения из активного залога в пассивный. (source)
- They are now building new hospitals in the provinces.
- Will they publish her new novel next year?
- They will have completed the new petrol station by winter.
- The police have just arrested Jimmy on suspicion of murder.
- They cut the gas off because Mr. and Mrs. Green hadn’t paid their bill.
- They will open a new hotel next week.
- Our managers discuss important matters every Tuesday.
- The government closed the plant last year.
3. Change the following sentences into Active Voice:
- The newspaper is read by Jack.
- The ball is hit by Rajesh.
- The pieces of paper are not burnt by me.
- A new story is narrated to the students by the teacher.
- Are her teeth brushed by her daily?
- Is the cow milked by him?
- His face is washed by Sumit?
- You are not misguided by him.
- The door is opened by the old man.